Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ye Olde Life Drawings













Because I said I would post life drawings here, have some tits and dicks.













But no in all honesty I absolutely love life drawing, I just wish I was better at it and could do it more often. Every model I've had the pleasure of drawing has been completely unique and a joy to translate onto the canvas.













Each of them are absolutely beautiful in their own unique ways, so I only hope I could catch some of their beauty in these illustrations.












These sketches and Illustrations range from late 08 to late 09, so sadly nothing recent here. I'll hopefully be back in a life drawing group at my school during the coming semesters.


I've had the pleasure of trying my hands at many different mediums during my life drawings, but lead pencils and charcoal pencils still remain my favorites. I suppose I like to be a bit of a control freak when it comes to my drawings.


Life drawing has given me a whole knew appreciation for structure and anatomy as a whole as well. Honestly for anyone who ever wants to improve as an artist, the first thing I always suggest is draw from life.













Definite things to work on when I go back into life drawing though definitely remains my speed, as well as proportions because dear god do I have a habit of drawing legs that go on forever. Definitely need to work on head sizes as well.


Holy shit that took like 2 hours to format.
Never again.